• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HD Esterno in caselle di Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, kindly would anyone give me an explanation about the following?

I use the latest version of Creative Cloud's Lightroom on a Mac connected to an external hard drive. The file I work on is located on the computer and not on the computer.

In the Lightroom / Folder Library I usually see my External HD with the folders I create where I have my files imported for processing. With HD Outside on, suddenly I found all the question marks alongside my folders. As if the External HD was turned off and Lightroom indicated that it was impossible to view the files. There was no longer link between folders and files. I notice that I thought it was my usual HD Outside it was not. My usual folders were now under an External HD (so called by the software) but that in fact was my HD SSD solid state of the computer. By right clicking and getting information I noticed that it was my internal HD that in previewing the information appeared as a blue folder with the red symbol of the ban. I did not add any HD to the folders using the + button and to restore it all, I had to click on find folder and recreate all the new links to the files. This even though I did not move them. Every time I recreated the link, the folder disappeared from the HD "External" list (which was then the internal one) to appear right in the True HD List as it has always been. Once you've recreated all the links and then recreated that of the last folder, the HD (internal) that had appeared to me was no longer visible in the folders. So I got my original situation. Why can this happen? The HD in question that appeared in the folders was just a link to Lightroom and so even through the Finder I would not find it displayed? Should I look for some folder on my computer then delete it?

Thanks to anyone who has some information, kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

The catalog system or the harddrive might've have some issues resulting in the lost link between files and folders. Re-linking them within Lightroom would be a good option to get them back like before.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi giorgiop,

Please go through this article Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders and locate the missing files/folders.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash,

What is indicated is what I did. As you can read in my question. What I did not understand is why I found this situation by having absolutely no file moved. So why Lightroom lost the connection with the folders in use.

However, thank you for the article that I think will be very useful for so many.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The catalog system or the harddrive might've have some issues resulting in the lost link between files and folders. Re-linking them within Lightroom would be a good option to get them back like before.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines