• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU 1070 vs 980ti for video and photo?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only find comparisons for gaming but what would you recommend for serious video and photo work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tested either of those two but I do not like the GTX 900 series GPU's.  They cannot have the Memory Clock adjusted to get free extra CUDA processing power.  But did you know that nVidia is about to have a new GTX 1100 series?  Check out my test results in the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 980 ti has almost 1000 cuda cores more than the 1070 so perhaps it does not need extra power... just guessing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have been reading, you'll need to pay a premium for a GTX1070 if you can even find one.  This went out on Tom's Hardware on the 26th June (three days ago as I type this).

As Prices Soar, Graphics Card Manufacturers Appeal To Cryptocurrency Miners

Bill, I can't find anything recent about the 1100 series.   Having said that, you have probably convinced me to bump the GTX970 from my old box for my new build, and put the original GTX570 in the old box for my wife.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Tom's info.  Do not know the current release date forecast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they will perform similar in most situations, but the gtx 1070 uses less power and has more memory. both of those cards are fast and are often paired with a 6 or 8 core cpu's, for a balanced build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, the GTX 980 Ti is a tad faster than the GTX 1070 overall, but that minuscule performance advantage is more than offset by its significantly higher power consumption. Besides, the GTX 980 Ti is an older GPU that's less likely to receive further driver and software support down the road compared to the GTX 1070.

And no official announcement of the GeForce 1100 series has been made yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended buying a 1080 ti as I found a really good deal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines