• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I salvage my photos?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had over 700 pictures from a trip to Iceland, and I put them into lightroom 4. I deleted the originals from my computer and the camera's SD card. I can still access the photos in light room, but it won't let me export. Is there any way that I can get my photos from lightroom into a folder on my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Your photos were never "in" Lightroom.

When you do an import, the photos are referenced by the Lightroom catalog (which is a database), and no new copies of the files are created. (unless you used the "Make a second copy to" option when importing).

So when you deleted the originals, they are gone, except if they are still in the Recycle bin/Trash, in which case you can restore them.

All the work you do in Lightroom is done with previews, and the previews from the Library Module can be extracted.

Unl

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it wont let me print because the source files have been deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos were never "in" Lightroom.

When you do an import, the photos are referenced by the Lightroom catalog (which is a database), and no new copies of the files are created. (unless you used the "Make a second copy to" option when importing).

So when you deleted the originals, they are gone, except if they are still in the Recycle bin/Trash, in which case you can restore them.

All the work you do in Lightroom is done with previews, and the previews from the Library Module can be extracted.

Unless you chose to create 1:1 previews, they will have smaller pixel dimensions than the originals.

See Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Extract Cached Image Previews” Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to restore the files. Look in the Recycle bin on Windows or Trash on a Mac system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pictures are from a long time ago, and I must have emptied the recycle bin, because the pictures are not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore the photos from your backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines