• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with repeatable regions in templates?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template I created with a repeatable region. In previous versions of Dreamweaver when I created an HTML page from the template file I was shown a dialogue box on the region which let me add and subtract repeatable regions. In Dreamweaver CC 2017 this dialogue box doesn't show up. If I click on the repeatable region I get an option in the Edit menu to Cut, Copy, or Delete the repeating region, but none of these commands appear to do anything, and Copy is not followed by an option to Paste.  Below is a bare-bones example that doesn't work as expected. Is there some new way to use repeatable regions or some setting I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

<!doctype html>

<html><!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/test.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->

<title>Untitled Document</title>

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="head" -->

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

</head>

<body>

<!-- InstanceBeginRepeat name="RepeatRegion1" --><!-- InstanceBeginRepeatEntry --><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="EditRegion3" -->RepeatRegion1<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><!-- InstanceEndRepeatEntry --><!-- InstanceEndRepeat -->

</body>

<!-- InstanceEnd --></html>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Switch to Design View.  Live View doesn't give you all the Template editing features.

CC-LiveView.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Design View.  Live View doesn't give you all the Template editing features.

CC-LiveView.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, so simple. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines