• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Particular Wispy Smoke FX

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in Trapcode Particular and I am trying to make some whips smoke, however, am having trouble doing so. I basically need horizontal smoke that dissipates as it moves and rises across the composition. The problem I am having is it looks like clouds of puffy smoke.

I have be working with cloudlet particles with a turbulent field to create smoke, however, have not been able to achieve this effect.

Mainly how to achieve the whipy-ness as the smoke dissipates.

Somewhat like this...

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.04.30 PM.png

Any Help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

As was already pointed out, this is beyond Particular's capabilities. It has no genuine vorticity simulation nor a suitable volume renderer. This will indeed require a fluid sim or faking it with other effects. If you care to spend enough time with experimentation, Fractal Noise, Vector Blur and Turbulent Displace applied in mild doses on multiple duplicate layers with different settings can be a good place to start. Otherwise consider downloading Blender or another 3D tool of your choice. These

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smoke is challenging and as far as I know for super realistic result you need to use a fluid simulator.

Is this something you need to recreate and have chosen to try to use particular to do it?

Or is this something you just want to use particular to recreate for the challenge?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gutter-Fish,

Thanks for your thoughts, I figured that this would be a bit much for particular. I am going to try and create this in Blender, however, there is a large learning curve.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was already pointed out, this is beyond Particular's capabilities. It has no genuine vorticity simulation nor a suitable volume renderer. This will indeed require a fluid sim or faking it with other effects. If you care to spend enough time with experimentation, Fractal Noise, Vector Blur and Turbulent Displace applied in mild doses on multiple duplicate layers with different settings can be a good place to start. Otherwise consider downloading Blender or another 3D tool of your choice. These days most of them have some fluid sim, eitehr native or via third-party plug-ins. Still, even those take time to learn and tweak.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

I am going to try and create this in Blender. I had a feeling that this would be the case. But, there is a large learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you just need smoke and don't care how you get it there're resources for free stock.

Here's a source I tap every so often.  Totally free and without restriction.

https://vimeo.com/search?q=free+stock+smoke

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This is a specific effect with smoke flowing that gets blown away by a wind of some sort.

I'll check out the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines