• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashes on Startup

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have After Effects 2017. I'm a very active user of it, and it has always worked perfectly for me. However, today, I tried opening it, and it didn't work. It keeps crashing. Please help!

Etrecheck Log

crash etre - Pastebin.com

After Effects Crash Log

crash log - Pastebin.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove your custom workspaces from the preferences folder and restart After Effects.

Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HX Gamer,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this EXACT issue. I have had to reset my preferences (and loose all my saved render templates, window layouts etc) several times and it's very frustrating. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scawelti  wrote

I am also experiencing this EXACT issue. I have had to reset my preferences (and loose all my saved render templates, window layouts etc) several times and it's very frustrating. Please help.

Does switching back to a default workspace before closing help you?

What third-party extensions, scripts, plugins do you have docked or floating in your layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I delete the preferences file it starts up no problem. I am using a few other scripts/ windows in my layout - Ease and Wiz, Duik, Dugr, ft-toolbar2

I believe it is related to my workspaces somehow. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very frustrating indeed!

I was discussing this issue with some other users and it seemed to be related to the stacking setup of the docked panels. Try not having any of the third-party things actually docked into the interface. Or, at least changing the kind of docking you've got going on.

Or, do what I do and just switch to a default layout before quitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. With the new update that was just released in June (CC 2017, 14.2), I realized that it erased my previous workspace, so I went and created a new one with my settings (I have 3 windows, so I spread across the 3 my custom set up workspace), well there is no way I can open AE, it just crashes and crashed and crashes. I have to then delete the preferences file and start the program in default mode. This is embarrassing, I even called support and all they could tell was do not create your own work space, work under the default set up.

What the heck is going on? how is this possible? what kind of answer is that?

Mostly my error will display this message, it will open everything, then a pop up menu saying loading animation presets and effects, then just crash, over and over and over again.

Come on. Anybody from ADOBE could help figure out what wrong, this is not good for AE guys

Please help! Thx 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem too. I haven't found out what, exactly, causes it yet. I just make sure to switch back to a default workspace before I close AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines