Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom creates wrong CFA PEK files during import

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

Windows 10 Home 64 Version 1067 (latest)

So, I just imported (add) video and photo files to lightroom from an internal hard drive.

I happened to have a thumb drive in the computer at the same time I clicked "Import".

Now my C drive with operating system and lightroom catalog is 155GB bigger.

Looking for hidden files, I discovered C:\Users\Gustavo_Std\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video is the culprit.

Lightroom created cfa and pek files FROM the thumbdrive that was inserted in the computer but that i DID NOT CHOOSE TO IMPORT from.

I happened to have many movies in there. So now, guess what? I have cfa and pek movie files in the lightroom video cache folder that I did not import.

Searching the lightroom catalog does now show the movies. They were not chosen for import.

Clicking clear video cache in Lightroom preferences does not erase these phantom files.

Looking around the forum this problem has been around for years (see below forum link)!

Re: Media Cache Files folder is out of control

Can anybody please tell me how to clear the C:\Users\Gustavo_Std\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video folder without breaking lightroom?

What folder should I delete from?

If I only delete the cache, will this brake databases references?`

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

For everyone who struggles with this bug, you can use this as a workaround:

https://www.howtogeek.com/201930/how-to-automatically-delete-files-in-your-download-folder-on-a-sche...

Just change the directory from the Downloads folder to:

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video\Media Cache Files\"

Also, change the timeframe in the .bat file from -30 to -0, that will delete all the files in the folder, not just the files older than 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For everyone who struggles with this bug, you can use this as a workaround:

https://www.howtogeek.com/201930/how-to-automatically-delete-files-in-your-download-folder-on-a-sche...

Just change the directory from the Downloads folder to:

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video\Media Cache Files\"

Also, change the timeframe in the .bat file from -30 to -0, that will delete all the files in the folder, not just the files older than 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines