Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 26 iOS 10.3.x/iOS 10.2.x Audio fail to work after playing the video

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the stageWebView to embed video in one of our products. There is a page which contains several videos and audios. After upgrading to AIR 26, we found that the audio cannot be played after playing a video. We also found that once the app is opened again from sleep mode, the audio which you clicked to play (no sound) before go to sleep mode will be played automatically and the audio playing function will work again until a video is played.

We tested on iOS 10.3.x and iOS 10.2.x, all of them have the same problem.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This sounds as though it's related to the problem that I reported in this thread ...

Audio stops working after receiving call on iOS

... and in this bug ...

Tracker

While the thing that triggers the problem is different, the problem (audio dies) and the workaround (go to sleep mode, then return) are the same.

I assume that this is a bug in AIR or, more precisely, there's some new requirement in iOS that AIR needs to accommodate. Adobe has reproduced the problem on their end (see comment in Tracker), and I assume that fixing this will be a fairly high priority for them, as sound is ... um ... kind of important. 

I suggest that you either create a new bug in the Tracker and link it to mine, or simply add a comment to my bug explaining that one can also cause the same problem by playing a video.

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to test the program using AIR 25 on iOS 10.2.x and this problem didn't happen. It only happened when the program use the AIR 26. So I think this is something more related to using WKWebView for StageWebView on iOS in AIR 26.

Alice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are investigating it.

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed. Please download the latest AIR SDK Beta from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

Thanks,

Ankit | Team Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a problem with that link it's because of the . at the end. This would work:

Download Adobe AIR 27 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines