Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box for selected words

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody;
I'm trying to create a dynamic link template and I stuck on this problem. Basically I need to create text boxes for selected words.
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 8.58.13 PM.png
I'm using sourceRectAtTime expression plus range selector (word mode) to create text box for selected word. Text layers will be single line and left aligned.All I need to do is, finding right expression for the position line.
For example; if I want to highlight first word, it works well; as you can see, I've added scale animator and got rid of normal text. Only highlighted text stays, so text box gets scale from this layer.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 9.11.01 PM.png
But if I select second word from range selector, it gets the scale of second word but I need to add correct expression to position to fit textbox to the second word.Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 8.57.10 PM.png
Ps.Sorry for my poor English, thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot do it this way. There is no way of determining a partial bounding box. You have to do it with native text animators and duplicate layers. There are box glyphs in every font, after all. See this:

Heisenbergs Delight on Vimeo

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that is what I'm looking for too. Where are project files for Heisenbergs Delight? I need the code, not a video with how to change colors or switch uppercase. I'm unable to find "project that's available from my website"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines