• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

6.0 lightroom to 6.10 can't seem to update Windows version

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased single user lightroom 6. It gave me 6.0 and my camera needs 6.7 at least. I see the update list. Do I need to update all of those updates to get to the number I need? It seems to download a big file each time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

You will already have the CC App installed. It will be like the below, except showing Lightroom (where mine shows Dreamweaver). Use this to update automatically straight to 6.12.

I've no idea why previous posts are pointing you to direct downloads.

John

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.53.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually download and install the 6.12 update from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it gives me a bunch of files WinRAR and I don't know which ones to click on.
And can I update from 6.0 straight to 6.12??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheribug  wrote

And can I update from 6.0 straight to 6.12??

Yes, you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the link I provided you Expand the LR 6 link and then go to the OS you are using, Windows or Mac OS X, and download the 6.12/CC 2015.12 update. That will be either a .exe file or a .dmg file, Windows or OS X respectively. There are NO WinRAR files involved.

Once the proper file is downloaded double click on it to start the install of the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is giving me a zip file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the Zip file is AdobePatchInstaller.exe and a folder.

WinRAR is probably set to be your default app for opening zip file.

Use it to unzip and see AdobePatchInstaller.exe. Double click that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller​ I did get that file but double clicking on it did nothing..  Just Shoot Me​ I installed Winzip to see if that made a difference and I still did not get a setup.exe file. Can I uninstall and reinstall ??? I am beyond frustrated Going on over 3 hours and still can't do anything with my new camera. Hate I dropped my old one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does. Never saw that before. So use WinZip or the OS as I think Win 10 has a Zip extraction, expander, utility built into it and see is you get a Setup.exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheribug  wrote

Do I need to update all of those updates to get to the number I need? It seems to download a big file each time.

No need to download 6.1, 6.2 etc to get to 6.12.

Just download the latest version. It contains all fixes and features found in the earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will already have the CC App installed. It will be like the below, except showing Lightroom (where mine shows Dreamweaver). Use this to update automatically straight to 6.12.

John

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.53.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/john+beardsworth  wrote

As I read the original post, the OP has purchased Lightroom 6 standalone and was already browsing the direct download list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Update list" is not the same as "direct download list", and the OP gave no indication of needing non-standard methods of updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair comment, John. Just saying how I interpreted it. The mention of all those updates (which I assume means 6.1 to 6.12 inclusive) steered me. Just Shoot Me may have done the same.

I did not even think about the CC App until you mentioned it. We all see things differently. You may well be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand why we expect complications with 6.0 questions. Too often people do have the CC App but it tells them they are up-to-date when they actually have 6.0. That's something Adobe has to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I've seen it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john beardsworth​ so what do I do??? I had stand alone 4 and 5 and never had this issue.. and is CC app something I have to have? I don't want to pay monthly which is why I purchased the stand alone..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this through my photoshop program and low and behold it updated my lightroom. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, This is what I have found.. I downloaded the Lightroom 6.0 onto my work computer (which does not have any other form of Lightroom on it) and it downloaded perfectly. I went into lightroom and hit update and it updated it to the 6.12 and the 9.7 camera raw files which I needed to use my Nikon D3400 with the AF-P lens. BUT, I need to figure out WHY it will not download and install properly on my home computer.. I have so many photo editing programs on there I am thinking that something is messed up . I do have lightroom 4 and 5. Has anyone else figured out how to correct this. ?? Thank you for all your help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines