• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph and Character Style Menu bug

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paragraph and character style menus seems to have a bug.

When you open up the menu there seems to be a dead white space (x-marks the spot) and when I try to move the menu over to the right to make it smaller the dead space stays the same size but the panel containing the paragraph and character names get smaller until they are unreadable.

To see the menu fully I have to open the panel right up and it takes up a third of my screen.

Any workarounds?

Screen Shot 1.pngScreen Shot 2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

I see no such problem when I check those panels in InDesign CC 2017 on a Mac. Try resetting your preferences and also deleting your InDesign caches.

To reset preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no such problem when I check those panels in InDesign CC 2017 on a Mac. Try resetting your preferences and also deleting your InDesign caches.

To reset preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

To delete cache files:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change. 

For Windows Users: Follow the path to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]\en_US\Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, that did the trick.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that fixes one problem it messes you up if you have alot of preferences you set you would like to keep. Print Preferences. Menu Preferences etc. I have had to reset my preferences 5 times so far as my paragraph menu keeps geting corrupt and once my text menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you read the description of rebuilding InDesign preferences and caches from this following description. You can save a clean set of preferences so you can use them again without having to rebuild them manually:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines