• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Elements Freezes and then says not responding and then crashes!

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been having this problem for a LONG time. I cannot figure out how to solve it. Whenever I go into Adobe Premier Elements 13, and I move the scroll thing that you move to get to different parts of the clip, it freezes, and says not responding. I have tried re downloading adobe, but it does not work. Whenever I call costumer support they say I have to start a chat with some adobe worker, and then he says he cannot help me with this version, and he sends my here. THAT IS NOT HELPING!!! Thank you, reply soon as possible

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have? What processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is this video? If you go to Premiere Elements' Edit menu, what do you see listed on the General page under Project Settings?

Do you have Quicktime installed, per the program's system requirements?

How long is your video clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I'm experiencing the same problem: freezes, says not responding and then crashes. This happens upon particular activities like pan&zoom or time modification.

So, My Premiere Elements is the 14, my computer is a Lenovo IdeaPad with AMD A4 processor, 4 Gigs of RAM, a good amount of disk space correctly defragmented, Windows 10 regularly updated.

I work with Canon MOV video format 720p@50fps, I haven't got QuickTime installed (but I'm not sure on this, I'm going to verify in some hours, as I will be at home).

Each single clip is never longer than 1 minute and each final video is never longer than 10 minutes.

Now I cannot get other info, I will let you have.

Thank you for your attention.

Best wishes from Italy.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, again, if you want specific help, we will need specific information. AMD, for instance, makes many A4 processors. Most are pretty low power. So it's important to know exactly which processor you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and Hi everybody.

Maybe I found the solution, yeeee that's great.

But first I'd like to specify some info about my notebook:

- Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad

- CPU AMD A4-5000 APU with Raedon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz

- Installed RAM 4 GB

- Windows 10 Home 64 bits

- At least 100 GB of disk free space

Well, let's explay what I've discovered that maybe is the solution (I'm performing some test):

Step 1: I started to use the Windows activity manager in order to monitoring the PC resources, and I discovered that when Premiere Elements 14 crashes, is because the hard disk activity time is 100%. In other words, sometimes the disk activity time goes to 100% and after some seconds (of this situation) Premiere Elements 14 crashes.

Step 2: I wondered which is the process that forces the disk activity to 100%. Through the Windows activity manager I doscovered that the mentioned process is the Windows defender (Antimalware Service Executable). It happens that when Premiere Elements is working, the Windows defender process starts to consume resources (CPU and disk activity) like an hell and often keeps the disk activity to 100%.

Step 3: As you know is possible to add some exceptions (exclusions) to the Windows defender scanning tree. So I added the entire Adobe folder. The Windows deferder does no longer scan the Premiere elements folder on my notebook.

Final result: no more slow down and no more crashes for my Premiere elements 14! I'm testing it since one day, and up to now everything seems to be OK. Before this test it was very easy for me to obtain a crash.

I write this in the hope to be usefull to anyone with the problem exposed in this thread.

I apologize for my limited communications capabilities as I'm not a native english speaker.

Please write in this thread if this solution works for you (everyone of you!).

Cheers from Italy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this post appears still without an answer?

Check my answer here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9247905#9247905

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

after having applied what described in my last message, the crashes are NOT completely resolved.

I had a good result, but NOT the complete and definitive fix to the problem.

When I use one of the following functions:

- pan and zoom

- time modification

- insertion of a title

the allocated RAM raises up to 4GB that is the max value for my laptop. Then the disk goes to 100% (this phenomena is called trashing) and after few seconds I have the crash.

I write in simple present (I'm not a native english speaker), but all these things happened in the past because yesterday...

I upgraded my RAM to 8GB.

I started to suspect that the RAM 4GB was not enough, so I upgraded to 8GB and yesterday I had back my laptop with the brand new 8GB RAM memory.

I had an intensive test but only for one session yesterday evening. The result is: no crashes at all!

I'm aware that a single session (few hours) is not enough to state that the problem is definitively fixed, I will continue to test and I will let you know.

During the test I monitored the use of the allocated RAM. In normal conditions it was less than 4GB but when I activated one of the functions:

- pan and zoom

- time modification

- insertion of a title

the allocated RAM had a peak and it was more than 4GB. I suppose that this is the reason why when I had only 4GB, upon activation of one of the mentioned functions, the disk went to 100%.

Now this effect does not occur any longer. I activate the function, the disk works under 100% and for a very short time, the RAM goes to 4+ GB and the function works.

As I close the function, I see that part of the RAM is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry for the necroposting, but I am facing identical freezes+crashes on PREL 2019 when clicking on the Pan&Zoom tool. Sometimes it's with pics, sometimes with clips, it doesn't matter.

I edit 4K but I am on SSD, with an 12-core i7 CPU and 16 GB. It's normally so smooth I don't even need to render (although I do it anyway) to have good playback on my timeline. I keep my hardware monitored and I rarely go above 50% of RAM usage.

What I witness it's a software freeze (reproducible) than a crash and the process ends. In the Windows 10 task manager, the process PremiereElementsEditor.exe goes into "Suspended" status while it's still hung and the disk activity gets some spikes too.

Excluding the folders from Defender or even excluding the process from scan didn't help. It's REALLY frustrating because the PC is basically IDLING then crashes out of nowhere. I can't think but of a bug for the P&Z tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines