• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone else feel Creative cloud is no good?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved over to creative cloud and ever since it has been the worst mistake.

My work flow is awful., I have to deal with constant crashes, freezing & impossible slow workflow. We use to be able to download older versions like CS3 from the Creative cloud app....one of the reasons they sold the cloud based software to me was that it had that ability but now it only goes to CS6.

I spend half my time trying to find workarounds to all the issues or figuring out why one day something works a certain way then the next it doesn't.

Then if you want to actually chat to a support member......well selecting over half of the optional questions put forward means you get pointed back to a forum and unable to speak to the support team.

I can't be the only one who is suffering? Is anyone else feeling the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Hi Nathalie,

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

I see you have an active Creative Cloud account under the same ID as with forums.

Could you please elaborate on the issues you are facing with Creative Cloud? Were you successfully able to install the application?

Make sure your system is compatible, see: Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

We understand you were able to use CS3, however, with Creative Cloud application you can only go back till CS6.

As you mentioned you had a hard time contacting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system? The Cloud works fine for me on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Out of interest, when did the Cloud go back to CS3? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I'm running windows 7. I have other software that I can't run on windows 8 or 10 so I have to stay on Windows 7.

I'd had problems from the start but it has got progressively worse. I previously downloaded older versions last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any issues with the CC applications or workflow. I feel grateful most days for how well my applications work together now to make my job faster. I got started in this field in the mid-80s, and I've watched these programs mature. I would never want to go back.

Are you aware that you can install on operating system using a Virtual Machine to handle older applications? For example, I work in one Windows-only application (Adobe FrameMaker), so I have installed Windows 10 on my Mac using VMWare Fusion. Works great! You might look into that for your situation. This would allow you to upgrade to Windows 10 and current CC apps, while still maintaining the ability to run Windows 7 and the apps that require it.

Finally, the cloud was introduced at CS6. Prior to CS6 (and including early versions of CS6), all the applications were sold with perpetual licenses, and those have never been available to download through the CC desktop app. CS6 and more recent versions are, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nathalie,

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

I see you have an active Creative Cloud account under the same ID as with forums.

Could you please elaborate on the issues you are facing with Creative Cloud? Were you successfully able to install the application?

Make sure your system is compatible, see: Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

We understand you were able to use CS3, however, with Creative Cloud application you can only go back till CS6.

As you mentioned you had a hard time contacting support, please use this link which might help you connect to support:

Contact Customer Care

Feel free to get back to us for any other query.

Regards

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines