Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro LR imports only in B&W

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community.

I just just bought a new iPad Pro and installed LR mobile latest version. When I import my Fuji XT-2 RAW files into Photos, everything looks normal. When I import them from Photos into Lightroom, the small preview pictures are show in color first but after the import, when the smart preview has been generated, they are shown in B&W only. I have already tried the color adjustments but nothing happens.

Funny thin is, if I import them into Lightroom oft my old iPad, everything works fine.

What could be the problem?

LR 2.8.0.16 / iOS 10.3.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Ok, I solved the problem just by deleting LrM and re installing. I don't know what the problem was but now the are no issues regarding B&W or any other RAW topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like in the Import dialog box you are applying a Develop Preset which either converts the image to B&W or applies a Camera Calibration panel profile such as Acros or Mono.

Or you might have saved your own default in LR and selected the Acros or Mono profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. That would also be my first guess but as I know, there is no import dialog in LR Mobile!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that important point. Does this happen to every X-T2 raw file? What film simulation did you set in the camera? I also have an X-T2 and can test this.

"Funny thin is, if I import them into Lightroom oft my old iPad, everything works fine. "

What do you mean here? For clarity, let's use "LrD" to refer to LR Desktop and "LrM" for LR Mobile. So after showing in B&W on the iPad, in LrD are the same photos displaying in colour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up.... I shot one raw file (not raw+jpeg) with the Velvia FS and another with Sepia FS. When imported into Photos on iPhone6, I had a colour and a sepia image. Importing into LrM 2.8, I got two colour photos, so as expected the film simulation had been ignored *.

So my suggestion is that you check what you have done at each stage of the process. It'll be something obvious.

John

* My X-LR plugin automatically applies film simulations in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I solved the problem just by deleting LrM and re installing. I don't know what the problem was but now the are no issues regarding B&W or any other RAW topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines