• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Replace files - same name different format?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Apologies if this question has been raised before!

I have multiple projects I need to update, but since they were last used all audio files have been converted from .wav to .mp3 to save server space.

When I replace the audio file it only does it one at a time even though the names and locations are the exact same.

Anyone know how to make it find all audio files? Replacing them one at a time will take a forever, talking hundreds of files here.

Any help greatly appreciated folks

thanks!

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Though meant for Resolve users, perhaps one of these techniques will work. Can you let us know? editing - How do I batch replace video clips in Premiere to graded copies? (from Da Vinci Resolve) -...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andyIKM  wrote

I have multiple projects I need to update, but since they were last used all audio files have been converted from .wav to .mp3 to save server space.

You might want to look at different ways to save space.  Audio file sizes are almost insignificant to video file sizes.

The file size of just one second of HD video in mp4 is about the same as 10 minutes of an uncompressed stereo wav or aiff file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This way may help you to find the files.

File > Dependencies > Collect Files

You set "Generate Report Only" on and then save it. You can open it by any text editor. It is an ASCII format file. You find the path of the file each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andylKM,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines