• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help....Trying to smooth out some special effect makeup from video footage.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am after some advice to fix a problem.

I filmed a scene with some latex special effects to create a wound and hole in an actors hands to represent the nail holes in Jesus hands but unfortunately I went a little overboard with the latex and the footage looks weird with a lot of skin scaring.

I have tried the Clone Stamp Tool in After Effects - this works ok for one frame but when I move to the next frame i get this strobing effect when i play back the video as it is extremely hard to make sure you clone each frame the same.  I have about 100+ frames to clone out the scars.

Can anyone give me a better solution to fix the issue.

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific, support forum by a moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your video example because the video is unavailable.

The best solution for something like this is often to create the clean-looking hand in Photoshop (or similar) and then use Motion Tracking in After Effects (or in Mocha AE which comes with After Effects for free) to make the patch follow the hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TrevHarwood,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines