• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading & Installing Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple computers that when trying to download the latest version of adobe flash I receive the following error,

The publisher of flashplayer26ax_ra_install.exe couldn't be verified. Are you sure you want to run this program?

(Run) -- (View Download) -- Internet explorer pop up download window

I click "Run" and then the following message will appear,

%windir%\flashplayer26ax_ra_install.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Current Specs:

Dell OptiPlex 9020

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

8.00 GB of RAM

64 Bit Operating System

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 w/ all windows updates installed.

Current Browser:

Internet Explorer 11 (11.0.9600.18697) version.

Currently have the following Adobe Flash Player installed:

Adobe Flash Player 22 ActiveX -- Last install date was 8/9/2016

Website I'm downloading Adobe Flash Player from:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

I have tried this on many different computers we have and receive the same errors in each one.  I have not been successful in installing an updated version of adobe flash.

Please any help is needed. Also has anyone been successful in installing the latest version? I have not tried this on a 32bit operating system.

Thank You,

Ferdinand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ferdinandm43895231

Thank you for reporting this.  You shouldn't be getting that message with the online/web installers on Windows 7 and we'll investigate further.

Based on your post it sounds like you're deploying Flash Player within your organization, if so you really shouldn't be using the web installers (which have the optional 3rd party offerings on the download page and require an internet connection to download an install).  Instead customers who deploy Flash Player within their organization should obtain the Flash Player distribution license (free for most use cases) which gives them access to the offline EXE and MSI installers to deploy within their organization.

To request a distribution license please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe and submit the required information.  Additionally, the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connectioncontains deployment strategy information, which includes information on disabling notification update dialog windows on the client machines so that your users don't go to get.adobe.com (which contains the 3rd party offerings) to download the Flash Player updates.

Happy to answer any questions you may have on the distribution license and the Admin Guide.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines