• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a line with line tool and not get a big annoying shape.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a line on Photoshop using the line tool and it's just creating a huge black and white arrow sort of shape instead of the simple line. Does anyone have any idea on how to make this stop so I can just do my line? Thank you so much!

I'd also like to make the background of the file the grey and white checkers so that it won't have a background. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the line :

With the line tool selected go to the options bar.

Set the fil - Stroke - Sixe and arrowheads as required

Then draw your line

For the background :

In the layers panel click on the lock symbol to convert from background layer to Layer 0

Then Ctrl+A to select all   -  then press the Delete key to delete the background

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to Dave's comment, you need to use the Weight field in the Options bar to set the line thickness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines