Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer icc not found

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS X 10.12.2, Photoshop CC 2017.0.1

I downloaded icc profile from Canson Infinity site.http://www.canson-infinity.com/en

I copied the icc profile to /Library/ColorSync/Profiles

In Photoshop, File, Print.   Photoshop Manages Colors

When choosing Printer Profile the new profile is not in the list.

I have shut down the computer and restarted.  The profile is still not in the list.

Where do I go from here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ICC profiles have an “internal” name (description tag) that may be visible in certain applications, which could differ from the “external” filename that you see when installing the file. Using ColorSync Utility.app you can inspect the internal profile name which may help you find it. Another issue could be that the profile is say RGB however you expect it to be CMYK and you therefore can’t find it in the expected menu location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColorSync Utility has the name the same as the file name.  The profile type is what I expect RGB. 

I have used this profile with a previous Photoshop version and I found it and used it with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profiles that are available on the pulldown profile menu are located in /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and a file

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/Pro990_7900.profiles

The computer will not let me add the profile to the /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles.  I can't edit the file Pro990_7900.profiles.

How do I get Photoshop CC 2017.0.1 to look for the profiles in the standard folder for the profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem (finding icc profiles in Photoshop after installing the profiles on my Mac). Here's what solved it for me:

Photoshop was using the "internal" name for the profile, instead of the file name that I could see in the installed file in ColorSync. This is what Stephen_A_Marsh was referring to in his answer.

To find the internal name for any icc profile, open the icc file in Library > ColorSync > Profiles, using the ColorSync Utility. (That's the default application for opening icc files on a Mac.) After it opens in the utility, look through the displayed list to find "localized description strings" or "Multi-localized description strings" or a similar description. Click on that, and you'll see the "internal" name for the icc file. That's the name you'll look for, when you look for the profile in Photoshop.

That's what worked for me...I hope that helps you!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines