Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Lightroom 5 installed on a new computer

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with my problem.  I  was using Lightroom 5 that was installed on a desktop with one large C drive.  In other words, the software, catalog and all files were on the same drive. Recently I have acquired a new computer that has a small SSD C drive and a large storage drive D, and I have moved all my pictures to the D drive.  Now when I install Lightroom on my new computer C drive and use the existing catalog copied from the old computer, for the most part, the software cannot find my pictures.  I am assuming it is due to the fact that the path of the location of the pictures has changed from C to D. I tried using library > Find all missing photos, but that didn't help.  Is there a way for me to install Lightroom 5 on the new computer and use the catalog that I copied from the old one?  Otherwise, my option seems to be to rebuild the catalog, which I think means that I will lose all the tags.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

You need to tell Lightroom that the top level folder that contains your photos on the C: drive is now the top level folder that contains your photos on your D: drive.

Instructions are here, specifically, see Figure 4 and associated text

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to tell Lightroom that the top level folder that contains your photos on the C: drive is now the top level folder that contains your photos on your D: drive.

Instructions are here, specifically, see Figure 4 and associated text

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines