• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access external drive in LR CC2015

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC2015: My MacAir will not read my external drive where active photos are stored. I can access the External Drive catalog by way of Bridge in Photoshop so I know it is there. How to fix direct access from Lightroom? Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific exact action in Lightroom are you talking about when you "can't access" the drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean to say is I can "see" the catalog on the external drive, I can load photos from there to Photoshop (1 at a time) but - my issue - Lightroom can not read the catalog when I try to switch from a MacAir hard drive catalog to an external drive catalog.

Is this a bit clearer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not particularly clear.

First you were talking about "reading" photos, now you are talking about reading a catalog.

I still want to know what specific action in Lightroom you are talking about. Use the Lightroom name of the action. There is no action named "access" in LR, there is no action named "read" in Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, "accessing" a LR catalog and photos therein on an external drive is my issue.

The LR command is:/File/Open Catalog or /Open Recent ... a list of Catalog names on the hard drive and external drive appears/choosing a catalog with photos on the hard drive opens it as is normal but opting for the catalog with my photos on the external drive has no result.

The sequence I describe here does not freeze LR, I can "back" up to the main commands at the top of the LR screen.

Thanks for your patience in clarifying this with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use File->Open Catalog, you should be able to select any file on any drive ... the dialog box that appears is your standard operating system window to select a file, is it not?

What happens when you select the catalog file on the external drive? Describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the catalog file on the external drive, LR defaults to "Get started with Lightroom mobile" with an Import dialog that in the centre of the screen has the message "No photos inselected Collecion Set".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm ... I can only think of a very basic question here ... when you do this, are you sure you are select a LR Catalog file, whose name ends with .LRCAT (might be lower case)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines