• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete files from Lightroom Photos on my iPhone

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly use my LR camera, DNG file quality, to capture photos with my iPhone. They end up in my "Lightroom Photos" folder on my iPhone and are automatically synchronized to a designated folder in LR Desktop. Whenever I open LR Desktop, I move my files from the designated folder to their folder of final destination in my LR Catalog. Then I can edit my files to my heart's content.

The only question is that by following this workflow I am left with thousands on photos in my Lightroom Photos folder in my iPhone, including those photos that I have already transferred to their final destination folder. My Lightroom Photos folder is growing by leaps and bounds and I will soon run out of space on my iPhone.

Is there a way for me to purge my Lightroom Photos folder of the files that I have already transferred to my desktop and thus free up space on my iPhone?

Thank you for your help.

Sergio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergio,

Although you may want to, for other purposes, you shouldn't need to delete then just to free up space.

On your iPhone,go to Settings/General/Storage/Manage Storage and see how much space LrM is using.

In LrM, when syncing to the Cloud has finished, go to 'Lightroom Photos' in Collection View and Clear Cache. I think that this should clear the high res on your device, but leave thumbnails.

Check the Storage again to see if reduced.

If you still want your images out of the Cloud/LrM environment then I'll leave that so someone who knowa the workflow better than me, but this thread and other threads on the same forum may help:

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/sync-lr-mobile-to-lr-desktop-and-save-to-hard-drive.31408/#p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue on my android phone, I want to be able to delete the original now the photos have synced to desktop via the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines