Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iFrame keeps breaking out

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Every time I load my website, my iFrame keeps breaking out. This means that the iFrame enlarges to a full screen.

I have a snippet of code in the HTML portion of my page now which seems to do the job.

Code:

<script type="text/javascript">

window.onbeforeunload = function () {                     

return "This will end your session";

}

</script>

Although it seems to work fine in terms of keeping the URL from busting out of the iframe, it loads a prompt: This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved. If someone clicks "leave", the iFrame will enlarge to full screen. When someone clicks "stay", the iFrame will remain as is and not enlarge (this is what I want).

If anyone knows how I can stop this from occurring I would really appreciate your thoughts. Is there any way for it to automatically s"stay"?

Many thanks in advance for any tips you can offer. Not positive, but I think it might be the onbeforeunload which is causing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Yes I know how to create a database and a search feature with filtered results because I understand MySQL and PHP.    But since you don't, there's no easy way to explain it to you.   Also, you're using WIX  for your main website which means you're at the mercy of whatever WIX allows which probably isn't much.

At some point you might want to move from Wix to WordPress which is  MySQL & PHP driven.  WP with the Woo Commerce plugin is a good e-commerce solution for many people who don't know how to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could share a link to your site so we can see what's causing your iframe to behave like that?

That isn't "normal" iframe behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing! The "compatibility" part is my iFrame

Here it is:

AF Dynamic Air intake System Kit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the iframe is being written into the page using javascript (I see no iframe in the source of the page itself before the frame takes over), and somewhere along the line is a frame breaker script.

Is the content of the iframe yours?

I ask because many sites use a javascript frame breaker to keep third parties from using their intellectual property on an unauthorized site.

If it is yours, you should be able comment out all scripts on the iframe source page, and "un-comment" them one at a time until you find the culprit. Hopefully it's not written into your compatibility search function, it may be hard to pull it out without breaking something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content of the iframe is actually eBay's under my account. I was the one who created the compatibility table on eBay using their app for ebay's website, if that makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your e-commerce site located on eBay's servers?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope! It isn't!

I wanted to use the compatibility part on eBay on my website (wix.com) because it seems very useful and I do not have the knowledge to create the code from scratch. That is why I use eBay.com to create the compatibility table/search and then decided to copy its code and tweak it into my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waldoguru  wrote

Nope! It isn't!

I wanted to use the compatibility part on eBay on my website (wix.com)

Good luck with that.  I don't think any eBay widget will work satisfactorily on anything but eBay because of their proprietary code and a need to protect their content from being exploited by non-eBay websites.

Sorry.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, I feel so stupid, never thinking about copyright issues!!!

Do you have any suggestions on how to connect a database to a website and then creating drop down list based off on that database (similar to the one on eBay)? I am not a programmer whatsoever and have no experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know how to create a database and a search feature with filtered results because I understand MySQL and PHP.    But since you don't, there's no easy way to explain it to you.   Also, you're using WIX  for your main website which means you're at the mercy of whatever WIX allows which probably isn't much.

At some point you might want to move from Wix to WordPress which is  MySQL & PHP driven.  WP with the Woo Commerce plugin is a good e-commerce solution for many people who don't know how to work with code.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wil try wordpress! Thank you so much for your suggestion, I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines