• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE (CC2017) Render Settings Options Unavailable

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to AE, trying to reduce render time of a 2:35 composition.  It has been widely recommended in the Output Module to set the format to Quick Time and select H.264 in format options.  When I do, my format options are set to animation and do NOT include H.264 nor are my basic video settings available to adjust the quality if I wanted to, they're grayed out indicating a 100 setting. Any assistance is greatly appreciated with helping me find out why these settings are unavailable.

Typically, I render using the Media Encoder which I have the format set to H.264, but the render time is very long for a 190mb file.  Maybe it's my composition settings?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been widely recommended in the Output Module to set the format to Quick Time and select H.264 in format options. 

wildly recommended by who?these settings are wrong for anybody and gives poor results with over-sized files. you should not use it.

Animation is a lossless codec and the quality bar was removed in 2015.3. if you want to render H.264, you should use AME.

render settings are explained here: Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

you should probably read here too:

FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

as to render time. it depends. what are you rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of media encoder is much slower than previous versions.  Ive been rendering with the same exact settings for years & in the last two versions AME the render times have doubled.  I didn't say anything because it seemed like an appropriate change based on Adobes current direction.  I assumed the poor performance was intentional. I mean intentional in the sense that AME is behaving in the exact way that it's been programmed to behave, not that the dev team set out to make it slower.  What I do believe is "setting out" to achieve something require a crystal clear vision of what it is you're setting out to achieve.   A deviation of a micro degree will eventually land you thousands of miles off course.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming my experience.  At first, it seem to help using the encoder and lately, not so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not noticed a slowdown in AME. We neef information about your project and system. what effects? Resolution? are you using 3d with raytrace 3d renderer? what are your render settings? Show some screenshots and provide specific information about your System, Ae version etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your guidance.  Several videos on YouTube make the recommendation.  Thought I had resolved the issue by using media encoder, but it is now taking a long time too.  I'm rendering a simple AE Template I added several photos, 1 minute video mp4, audio .wav file and a couple of titles.  Not that complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mei,

Did you ever solve your export issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines