• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get text to adjust in real time to the changing dimensions of a text box?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I’m using InDesign on my office computer, as I resize a text box, the text adjusts itself in real time to the changing dimensions of the box, so I can see what it will look like before I release the mouse button. But for some reason, when I’m working on my home computer, as I resize a text box, the text stays right where it is and won’t adapt to the new box until after I release the mouse button. This is a small but annoying problem. Is there a setting I can tweak so that text always adjusts in real time to the changing dimensions of its box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

If you hold down the mouse button for a second before dragging then the text will move in real time. If you simply drag a point without holding down the mouse first the text doesn't move until you release the mouse. Perhaps the mouse you're using at work is more sensitive to the touch than the one you're using at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. Just solved it myself: Preferences > Interface > Live Screen Drawing > Immediate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down the mouse button for a second before dragging then the text will move in real time. If you simply drag a point without holding down the mouse first the text doesn't move until you release the mouse. Perhaps the mouse you're using at work is more sensitive to the touch than the one you're using at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bill. That works, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines