• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing issues

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated with after effects crashing all the time.  It's killing me.  I've updated all that needs to be updated and I'm not finding the solution in any forum for the crashes.  I hate it, feel like quitting my job and burning my computer.  I'm so tired of after effects not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not finding answers in the forums you can always file bug reports directly w/ adobe at

adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that you are frustrated. I would be if AE were crashing all the time for me too! Sometimes it feels good just to rant.

I know you haven't found any previous threads of any help, but if you would like help from your fellow users and perhaps turn this thread into your answer, more information would be helpful. Exact version numbers of AE you are using, exact text of any error messages, your system specs, what assets (if any) you are using, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still facing this crashing issue, Eric? Please let us know how we can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were recently updated to 2017.2 and I am also experiencing regular crashes (along with other problems). I've only been at work an hour today and I've already had one. They seem completely random to me. This one occurred as I finished adjusting the gamma in a Levels effect I had just added to a layer, which was a simple pre-compose of some 3D text made with Element 3D, in a comp with about a dozen layers.

I am on a MacPro with 64Gb of RAM and a Quadro K5000, running El Capitan 10.11.6 and the previous version runs far more reliably.

Other issues we are having include fonts not displaying the way they used to and Avid DNX render settings that no longer match older versions - all our renders are coming out lighter than they were (no pure blacks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My is not even statrting. My after Effects crashes when starting. How can I debug and find why. There is some log file where I can find some errors ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wrote

My is not even statrting. My after Effects crashes when starting. How can I debug and find why. There is some log file where I can find some errors ?

If yours is crashing right when you're starting up, you may need to remove your custom workspaces. There seems to be an issue with those in some cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines