• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Upgrade

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think my Lightroom installation is updating as all my other creative cloud application are 2017 but my Lightroom application seems to be 2 years old.  I thought with the Creative Cloud subscription your applications stay up to date.

Any help would be appreciated !.

Thank you,

David,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

No-one knows why Adobe persists in labelling Lightroom as 2015.xxx when everything is labelled 2017.xxx.

But the numbering is irrelevant.

If you're running CC 2015.xxx, then you have the latest version of Lightroom with all the latest features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of how the versions are numbered, the current version of Lightroom is CC 2015.12

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Which version are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.  It doesn't make much sense having the photography cloud subscription if you mostly use Lightroom on the PC without any feature updates. Thanks for your help John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on what you mean by without any feature updates?

Why do you think your Lightroom application seems to be two years old? I'm not sure i really understand your main point yet.

If you are running Lightroom CC 2015.12 then you have the latest version with all the latest features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.

All the other applications are labeled 2017 but Lightroom is labeled as 2015.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one knows why Adobe persists in labelling Lightroom as 2015.xxx when everything is labelled 2017.xxx.

But the numbering is irrelevant.

If you're running CC 2015.xxx, then you have the latest version of Lightroom with all the latest features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

It is just starting to feel like Lightroom is not getting as much attention as all the other apps. Which is making me wonder if the Creative Cloud Photography membership is worth the cost for a semi part time photographer. I really appreciate your insight.

Thank you again,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to reply to this....

2015 is when Lightroom received a major upgrade.

Every update since then has been 2015.1, 2015.2..... up to 2015.12.

There are many discussions regarding Lightroom version 7 which if that comes out this Year will make it 2017.xx

They are working on some Lightroom projects and showed off a demo a while back this year but I Do NOT recall the name but the expectation on the forums is that Lightroom will be seeing a major upgrade vs a feature or performance update sometime soon.

edit: the project name was Nimbus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has put a LOT of effort into Lightroom Mobile lately, adding many features. I had a feeling that Nimbus was Lightroom desktop meets Lightroom mobile.

Nimbus beta was supposed to debut in 2017. Hope that's still the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines