• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 80D

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5D Mark II which downloads camera raw beautifully.  I purchased the 80D because I could not hike with the heavier camera any more.  It will not download my CR2 photos (raw).  I have to convert to DNG.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 80D requires Camera Raw version 9.5, which is only available with Photoshop CC.

So besides using the DNG converter, your only option is to subscribe to Photoshop.

The cheapest subscription option is the CC Photography Plan, which includes latest versions of Photoshop and Lightroom for $10 a month. You can subscribe to Photoshop only, but that's twice as expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I purchase the $9.95/month CC, I will be able to download my photos from my 80D in the CR2 raw format?  It seems expensive just to have to do that to see the photos in raw.  Canon missed a beat there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$10 a month is expensive for the industry leading software, to work with an $1100 camera? Ok, if you say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you could get a 70D, or maybe a 77D. The 77D has many of the same specs as the 80D, but is not weather sealed, so it may not be as good for hiking.

You can consult these charts for more information:

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines