• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens exif data missing. Sigma 35mm f1.4

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not show the lens data correctly for Sigma 35mm f1.4 art lens. All it shows is "Lens: 35mm"

The strange thing also is that it does correctly apply lens correction.

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 6.39.12 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 6.56.50 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Most likely this is because the camera has written "35 mm" in the EXIF:LensModel field.  The Metadata panel shows what is in the EXIF:LensModel field, whereas Develop uses the lens information written by the camera in the proprietary MakerNotes section.

Camera manufacturers and Adobe both contribute to this confusion.  Manufacturers could put the same information in EXIF as in the MakerNotes.  And LR could show in the Metadata panel the information that Develop uses (which is what anyone ever car

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is because the camera has written "35 mm" in the EXIF:LensModel field.  The Metadata panel shows what is in the EXIF:LensModel field, whereas Develop uses the lens information written by the camera in the proprietary MakerNotes section.

Camera manufacturers and Adobe both contribute to this confusion.  Manufacturers could put the same information in EXIF as in the MakerNotes.  And LR could show in the Metadata panel the information that Develop uses (which is what anyone ever cares about).

See this thread for more details: Re: LR Full Lens Info . As I wrote in that thread, you could file a feature request for that, but based on Adobe's complete lack of attention to Library metadata the past six years, I doubt they'd ever change the behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So would I be right in saying that this is consistent with ALL 3rd party lenses on Canon?

I only have one 3rd party lens, and for me with this lens it shows the same when shot with 5d, 6d & 7d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines