• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing manually entered metadata

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing photo files (jpeg, tiff, cr2) from folders on my hard drive into Lightroom 5 (and relocating them to a new dedicated drive):

On a number of files, I had previously entered details via the Windows Explorer view - ie Title, Comments, Subject, Author.

When I import, I set the Apply during import to None. What I find is that the Author field  information appears as Creator (good!), the Title appears under Title (good), however, the Caption in lightroom is populated with the Title, and the Comments and Subject are lost (ie they dont appear anywhere. In addition, the Lightroom Comments Field says "Comments not supported here"

When I look at the file in its new location with Windows Explorer, the information is still there

Is there a way to allow this information to be viewed in  Lightroom? In future I intend to import first, then fill in the details in Lightroom.  But I have a lot of information that I would like to keep and transferring it all manually will be a pain. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Windows File Explorer doesn't follow industry standards and uses proprietary metadata fields for storing what it calls Subject and Comments.  See here for a workaround: Re: Can't edit tag "Subject" in Adobe Lightroom

LR's Comments panel is for comments people have entered in online services like Flickr or LR Mobile / Web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows File Explorer doesn't follow industry standards and uses proprietary metadata fields for storing what it calls Subject and Comments.  See here for a workaround: Re: Can't edit tag "Subject" in Adobe Lightroom

LR's Comments panel is for comments people have entered in online services like Flickr or LR Mobile / Web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines