• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting premeire elements 14 to work again

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive have tried many ways to fix this problem and have spoken to the forums about this before and the problem has never been resolved. It seems people have given up or forgotten. Im going to retry and update you. The program wont even start up the start up page to get into the program. Ive restated computer, ive reinstalled it, which gets it to work then as soon as i close it down, id need to reinstall it again, thats too annoying. Please help and give me suggestions to fix this problem and i can say whether ive already tried it or not(i cant remember everything ive tried) If you could make the effort and help i would highly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried launching the program and then immediately holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys on the LEFT SIDE of your keyboard as the program loads (assuming you're on a Windows computer)? You should get an indicator that the program wants to change something. Okay it and the program will load up.

If that doesn't work, we'll need more information about your machine to help you troubleshoot the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your suggestion. Unfortunately it didnt work. Its a windows 10, Laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Which graphics card do you have? What is your monitor's resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a 6.00GB RAM with 5.46 left

Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70GHz

64 bit operating system,x64 based processor.

Dont know how to find out about monitor resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer is a bit underpowered for video editing with Premiere Elements. On this benchmark, it rates a 1,600. In my books, I recommend at least a benchmark of 5000.

Beyond that, it's hard to say if your monitor resolution is a factor, since you didn't provide it. On Windows 10, you can find out your monitor resolution by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting Display Settings.

You also don't say how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitors resolution is 1366 x 768

309GB is free of 437GB on my hard drive. i dont know how to know if its defragmented or clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The monitor is also undersized, and that's also contributing to the problem. You don't have enough resolution for the program to fully open up. (A monitor with a horizontal resolution of at least 1024 would resolve this issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But it doesnt make sense, because it worked perfectly fine for a while before. After the problems started happening i spoke to someone else through this chat forum, maybe telling you things that were spoken of there may help.

It started when the program started lagging a lot, then i turned off the laptop, then after that i couldnt get back into the program.

I tried going to task manager and ending the program there, didnt work, Restarting laptop didnt work, Uninstalling then reinstalling with using a cleaner tool didnt work. Now i just found that i mentioned about that i updated Avast which made my computer slower and took away my master password and the computers ability to remember passwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines