Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current difference between Lightroom standalone and Lightroom CC 2015 12

Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As far as I can see the latest Lightroom 2015 12 has just 2 extra functions in the Develop module, excepting new camera support

Dehaze

Guided lines for perspective control.

Are there any others?

MDE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

It's your choice. There are a lot of users who are resisting the idea of subscription software. I suspect that in the next few months there might be a Lightroom 7 release that will provide some of the features that are missing. The dehaze tool would be among those features. There are other features in adjustment brushes that are not available in Lightroom 6 that make adjustments easier. Of course it's easy to get along without those as well. It's always easy to get along without features that we

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly more than 2 differences, as explained by that article

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

That is why I asked.

I was only aware of 2 as I would only use those. I have the standalone and so have neither anyway.

I can do a pretty reasonable dehaze in 6 anyway and I am not too bothered about the guides as they are only

of use if the other controls fail.

As far as I can see there is still no compelling reason for me to go CC, especially as Adobe seem to be concentrating on mobile stuff, which has no interest for me. I might if there were some pretty good improvements for the clone heal tool.

I have been testing DXO and Capture One and in comparison I have to say that Lightroom is pretty damn good in terms of price and features as well as ease of use. I am just averse to subscribing.

MDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's your choice. There are a lot of users who are resisting the idea of subscription software. I suspect that in the next few months there might be a Lightroom 7 release that will provide some of the features that are missing. The dehaze tool would be among those features. There are other features in adjustment brushes that are not available in Lightroom 6 that make adjustments easier. Of course it's easy to get along without those as well. It's always easy to get along without features that we have never had. It isn't that the subscription plan is so expensive, it's just the whole idea of it. And if you don't like it then you don't like it. I think some day many who are opposed to it will eventually accept it. But until then companies like Adobe and Microsoft and others will have to offer both ways, and users will have to be confused about the differences. And we will continue to have this horribly confusing mix up in updates working and not working and users having the wrong version installed because either the user doesn't understand what is going on or the designers of the installer don't get everything just right. It gets to be kind of a confusing mess, but that's what it takes to try to accommodate everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines