• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 "Open File" has changed since Windows update

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a minor niggle because CS6 does still run normally, but since the last Windows update about 10 days ago, when I go to "file - open" and select a folder, the icons are now very spaced out.  Previously they were close together and I could see 16 or more in the window at any one time.  Now I can only see 4.  Yes, I can resize the window so I can see more, but I still can't see many.  This makes it less convenient when opening multiple pictures.  When I right click within the open file window, I have large icons and auto arrange selected on the menu, and I have tried to change the display but clearly it is nothing in CS6 that has changed, it is the way Windows is displaying the icons.  Nothing else on my PC has been affected.  Presumably everyone who is still using CS6 with Windows 10 should also be seeing this change.  Any ideas how I can make the icons display differently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davids,

Please press the Control key on your keyboard and use the mouse cursor to resize the thumbnails to icons in the "Open file" window.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Akash, but it is not the size of the icons that is the issue, it is that they are spaced wide apart in the window, when they used to be close together.  I have fully explored the menu you mentioned by right clicking within the "open" window.  (Ctrl does not work on my keyboard since Win 10 even though I have it enabled).  At the moment I have large icons selected and I have made the window as large as possible.  I can see 6 icons without scrolling.  It is the space between the icons that I want to eliminate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, when I am home on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Akash,

Previously, before the last Win 10 update, there was almost no blue to the left or right of the icon (when I hover my mouse over the icon), and the file info underneath always word wrapped so the text was never wider than the icon itself.  I used to see 4 icons across this size window, and the next row underneath was very close to the row above, now there is a lot of space between the rows of icons.

No other picture viewer on my PC has changed how it displays pictures.  As I said, it is just a minor but irritating thing that has changed.

bandicam 2017-07-30 08-58-38-985.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines