Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't turn on "Synch with Lightroom mobile" in Lightroom CC 5.7.1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have LR CC 5.7.1 installed on a Win 10 PC and it works fine. I also have LR Mobile installed on an Android Tablet which works fine. The tablet and web CC synch together fine without any problems. Any changes made to a photo on either the web or tablet show up on the other almost immediately.

I can not however get the LR installed on my PC to turn synch on. The option to turn on the Synch with Lightroom Mobile (looks like a small light switch) is off and will not allow me to turn it on. I am logged into the program with the same credentials I am using on the mobile and web.

I have been searching the Adobe site and at this point I'm just running in circles.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

John O'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Yeah you need to install Lightroom CC 2015. You can do this from the creative cloud app. LR 5.7.1 will not sync with the current LR/mobile. You need a 64-bit operating system installed for Lightroom CC 2015 to install on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sync several mobile devices to Lightroom on a computer. You cannot sync computer to computer. Also you can only have images from one catalog synced to the cloud, if you sync a catalog from another computer to the cloud the images form the other computer will be removed from the cloud.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LR is only one pc and a tablet. The tablet works fine syncing to the Adobe Cloud and vice versa (if I log into Adobe LR on the web everything from the tablet is there. If I make make changes on the web they are synced down to the tablet automagically, couldn't be smoother.

The problem is I just can't get the PC to work with the cloud (mobile). In LR on my pc I'm signed into my account so the apps will work but when I try to log in via the "activity center" where the synch with mobile switch is located, after enter my credentials are entered that screen turns white and stays that way for ever. I even went as far as to install LR 5.7.1 (the only version I'm given the option to install) on a laptop and used an entirely different internet source and the same thing happens. Process of elimination rules out hardware and internet configuration so it's something in the LR software or a chair to keyboard interface issue 🙂

John O'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not 100% sure but I believe you need Lightroom CC on your desktop to sync with LR/mobile or LR/Web. LR 5.7.1 cannot do the same edits as LR/mobile now can so they aren't compatible. If you have CC, you should make sure to install the latest 2015 version using the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If that's the case then Adobe shouldn't be pitching the package as D/L LR 5.7.1 for the PC and LR for the Android from the Play Store and you're all set ready to go. As I said, the Android tablet and Adobe web work fine together. It's only the LR on the PC that won't play nice.

John O'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you need to install Lightroom CC 2015. You can do this from the creative cloud app. LR 5.7.1 will not sync with the current LR/mobile. You need a 64-bit operating system installed for Lightroom CC 2015 to install on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jao,

I called Adobe today and had a nice conversation with folks there. Bottom line is you are correct. I need to change my 32bit Win10 to 64bit to be able to use LR CC 2015 to log into LR Mobile from the desktop. Once I change the OS to 64 bit the Adobe Installer will see I'm using 64bit and offier LR CC 2015 (which I'm told is very similar to LR 6). Right now I'm only offered 5.7.1 and no updates.

For the time being I will have to log into LR on the web from my desktop and UL/DL files manually. No big deal just a couple of extra steps each way.

Thanks for your answer.

John O'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines