• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 rectangular marquee tool will not work

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rectangular marquee will not work.  All other marquee are functional on CC 2017.  The rectangular marquee works on my 64 bit CS-6.

I have Window 7 with lots of RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Thanks, this is difficult to understand. I am a CS6 user and only downloaded CC 2017 on the same day that I discovered the problem. It would only give me a 2.107 by 1.173 inch section.

The fix was, as you suggested, going into the “New Tool Preset” menu. First I tried a “Reset Tool” that did not work, but Append fixed it.

Thanks for your suggestion but I still do not understand why I would have this problem out of the BOX.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly by "will not work" ?

have you reset the Tool from the option bar?

If that did not help, please share a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not from a marquee. It has a very small marquee which will not enlarge or change size in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the settings to make sure that it is not fixed ratio or size by accident?

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 4.35.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is difficult to understand. I am a CS6 user and only downloaded CC 2017 on the same day that I discovered the problem. It would only give me a 2.107 by 1.173 inch section.

The fix was, as you suggested, going into the “New Tool Preset” menu. First I tried a “Reset Tool” that did not work, but Append fixed it.

Thanks for your suggestion but I still do not understand why I would have this problem out of the BOX.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why it happened out of the box, perhaps it was accidentally clicked on and you didn't realize it. But the important thing is that it is working and you know how to fix it. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines