• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - Eyedropper tool outside photoshop won't work?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently using a Photoshop CS6 on window 10, when using eyedropper tool was able to be shown outside the platform however when I hover over a sample it did not pick up the color. In addition, my "Show Sampling Ring" was grayed out as well.

I had done:

Reset the eyedropper tool and go to preferences>performance>advanced settings and checked the "use graphics processor" and press okay and nothing happen. Any help would be amazing.

I have a ATI technologies Inc. 67EF:CF graphic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do it this way?

Inside of Photoshop click and hold the left mouse button, move the eyedropper to the wanted color and release the mouse button.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just try it and it didn't work On the side note: I got my "Show Sampling Ring" to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next try - reset all the preferences:

Start Photoshop and immediately press and hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift until a message box comes up which you confirm.

If you don't see the message box you were too slow.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do with the message box?...I just bought cs6 so all the preference are in default already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hongd  schrieb

What do I do with the message box?...

Say YES.

I just bought cs6 ...

But not from Adobe ... are you sure it's a legal version?

... so all the preference are in default already.

Oh no, not always and not necessarily.

You don't know Photoshop. It likes to be a diva sometimes.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There wasn't any option for yes, so I pressed ok. However, it seem not to work. And yes it is a legal version, I checked with adobe support about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bumping does not produce any new knowledge.

I can pick up any outside colors without trouble. (PS CS6, Win 10, NVIDIA GeForce GT 730)

The last thing I can think of is the graphics card driver or settings because this is more often the source of issues. But since you can see the sampling ring, everything seems to be OK.

You can check and/or change the settings of the GPU in Edit > Preferences > Performance > Advanced.

And you can check the System Informations (Help menu). Is Open GL enabled? Is Open CL available?

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines