• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything is wrong

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to open lightroom it says i need to open a new catalog, so when i go to do so it bugs out and continually opens lightroom over and over again and doesn't let me press quit or anything.  It just keeps popping up the same messages over and over and continues to open and close lightroom.  Then when it decides to stop bugging out it says i am not signed in and the develop part is disabled, but i am signed in. I tried signing out, restarting my computer, but the same thing keeps happening.  My plan isn't due for a renewal until the end on August so this should be working. I have been having a lot of problems with lightroom lately.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Using your operating system, go to the folder that contains your catalog file. In that folder, there is a file whose named ends with .LOCK (might be lower case). Delete that .LOCK file. Do not delete anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Is this a recent development with Lightroom? When did it start happening?

Is your catalog stored on your local hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening yesterday. I have never had problems with lightroom before. I have a macbook pro.  And i tried using the catalog stored on my lap top.  And i also tried using a different catalog stored on an external hard drive and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures.

Also, try deleting your preferences file. Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pops up then goes away about ever 3 seconds, and continues to open up another lightroom as seen in the bottom right hand cornerScreen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.42.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using your operating system, go to the folder that contains your catalog file. In that folder, there is a file whose named ends with .LOCK (might be lower case). Delete that .LOCK file. Do not delete anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines