• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph symbol - left aligned and creating wonky problems

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: I don't usually work in InDesign, so the solution might be something super obvious to everyone else.

I'm having problems with some formatting. The paragraph symbol is showing up to the left instead of the right, and the program is automatically inserting the period there instead of at the end of the sentence.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 23.32.45.png

Any idea how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

You may have accidentally enabled a right-to-left setting. Check the usual suspects: the paragraph setting, the language. If your other paragraphs don't do this, it must be a local override, so check if you see a + in the paragraph style panel for this line, and if so, clear all overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have accidentally enabled a right-to-left setting. Check the usual suspects: the paragraph setting, the language. If your other paragraphs don't do this, it must be a local override, so check if you see a + in the paragraph style panel for this line, and if so, clear all overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These paragraphs had been set to "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer". Once I switched back to "Adobe Paragraph Composer" things started working the way I wanted.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also notice that there is a space inserted to the left of the first word of each line. Since the text apparently is flowing from left to right as you type it I don't think that it has anything to do with a foreign keyboard setting so I would suggest deleting your InDesign preferences and see if the problem is corrected.

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly i have faced the same problem.3.PNG

This is the Problem you are facing resolution for this is below

4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines