• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Fills Table Cell?

Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My document has a page with a 4 x 4 text table,  into which I have successfully placed images sized as I want them. Now, suddenly there has been a change in the behavior, whereby the image expands to fill the available space in the table cell, and I have no success manually resizing the image by dragging its boundary edges.

If one of you can show me how to restore the earlier behavior, I would be grateful. Is that, perhaps, a property setting somewhere within the table?

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

We would need to know exactly what version of InDesign you're using.

The ability to create a real graphic cell was introduced in InDesign CC 2015. With earlier versions, you were anchoring a graphic into a table cell which was usually intended for text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it's been converted to a graphic cell and you have frame fitting options set to fill the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need to know exactly what version of InDesign you're using.

The ability to create a real graphic cell was introduced in InDesign CC 2015. With earlier versions, you were anchoring a graphic into a table cell which was usually intended for text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Steve, that is also very interesting (see my reply just posted). Would you please point me to the procedure for creating a graphic cell. Oh, and it is not not a graphic cell around text. My layout in this case calls for a 4 x 4 array of graphics within a 10 x 7.5" area in an 11 x 8.5" page.

I can also envision (since I have the copy-paste in hand) perhaps doing this without the text table altogether, which I now almost see as an hinderance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an Adobe Help tutorial on how to insert graphics into a table cell:

Easily add images to table-based layouts |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but for me, a simple copy/paste sequence from source image into the text-based table cell seems to be complex.

Best,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved, by copying image from source and pasting it into my doc. Had never tried that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines