Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook Publishing Problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to get the following message when trying to post to Facebook:

"An internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Only option is to click OK

Then I receive the following message:

Can't update this collection.

AN internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Is there a fix for this.  I've never had these error messages in the past.

I have disconnected with Facebook and then authenticated again.  This did not resolve the problem.

I can get maybe 1-2 photos to post sometimes even with the error.  Often, no photos will post.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

I realized I hadn't updated Lightroom to its most recent version. Doing so fixed my issue. Unfortunately I had removed the plugin and so lost all of the photos that had been synced and have to start from scratch - oh well.

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 (custom built PC). I had to open creative cloud in my notification bar and update Lightroom CC (2015.12 current).

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have done everything to resolve this from this page:

Errors using Publish Services in Lightroom

Error:

"an internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)"

Another page suggested creating a new catalog, but then I get an unknown error when I try to import my old catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for the past few days. It does still publish but I get that exact same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized I hadn't updated Lightroom to its most recent version. Doing so fixed my issue. Unfortunately I had removed the plugin and so lost all of the photos that had been synced and have to start from scratch - oh well.

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 (custom built PC). I had to open creative cloud in my notification bar and update Lightroom CC (2015.12 current).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is up to date, but gave me this problem today - 23 July 2017. I had to click Publish, then OK then OK to get 64 pictures in a collection loaded to Facebook this evening - very frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I found by clicking "publish" it would post one item to FB before giving the above warning.

So a dozen or so clicks just to publish one batch.

There seems to be a new incongruence between FB and L/R - fix please!

PS - my L/R tells me it's uptodate.

I'm guessing that this is a change in FB not L/R, maybe they should get to gether and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 2015.12 fixed my problem.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on!  All these posts are very recent and close - I'm running LR 5 on a Macbook Pro (2009 - El Capitain) but getting the same message - could this be a fault with Facebook rather than Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me. I could publish to Facebook until recently, but now I get the message in the original post.

A post indicates that the solution is to update Lightroom. I thought that Lightroom updated itself with no need for action on my part. Can you please provide instructions for updating. I'm currently using 2015.5 Release. I tried selecting "Updates..." from the Help menu, but that opened a Creative Cloud instance that has only a spinning icon forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen this form a computer that has been using the facebook publish plugin successfully for the past year. I can publish to the hard driver with no problems. I have tried all the iterations of "fixes" put forth here and on other forums. Sometimes I would get other errors such as ones mentioning "post processing actions failed" and a couple of others I don't recall. These I got very seldom, the message in the OP is the one I get almost all the time. Funny thing is 1 image in the set of images that I try to publish will actually get published even the the error occurs.

Using Lightroom 5 on Windows 7- Both up to date as of 07/23/2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Using a new IMAC with latest Lightroom update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC. Updating from 2015.5 to 2015.12 fixed this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected.  I just updated and it published to FB just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, except I've just updated to last version, problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone who has the stand-alone version of Lightroom 5 and is not really keen on spending the money to upgrade to Lightroom 6 (stand-alone license) or Creative Cloud CC, check out these plug-ins: Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s Lightroom Goodies (Plugins and Tools)

I've been using Jeff's plug-ins for years and he is always on top of updates. As donation ware, you can use his Facebook plugin to replace the broken Adobe Publish Service for just a few dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same problems with the error message.

So what is the reason i am required to go to such extreme lengths just to post photos edited in my lightroom catalog?

who's fault is this?

is it me the consumer who is at fault?

should i blame Facebook  or should I blame adobe

shouldn't consumers simply use products that work without having to anything at all

in the event things go wrong, shouldn't the consumer be warned and alerted to a potential fix before the consumer actually suffers

If these errors were related to the braking system in a car, passengers would die

so why is it we don't adopt a similar expectation as computer consumers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't blame anyone. Facebook updates it's code. Lightroom updates it's code to compensate in a newer version. They can't be expected to go back and patch previous iterations of their software for small convenience issues. You're not entitled to updates for all time because you purchased a license some years ago.

And, your analogy of the car with a recall-able problem is completely blown out of proportion. You aren't dying. You aren't harmed by this. You're inconvenienced. I posted a viable work-around just above. You can spend 1 dollar and donate to Jeffery and get your functionality back in your version. 1 dollar for convenience is a small price to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid Adobe for LRv6, so I can certainly blame Adobe for software they're currently selling not working properly.  Which it does not, the plugin fails with the exact message in the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines