• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to import whole my photo gallery which consist from over 32k photos organized in the hundreds sub-directories. If I clicked onto the main directory and start to import, the import after hours is stopped and the application doesn't respond. I'm trying a workaround where I start to import all, but manually interrupt the import after 10k+ photos. It seems to be working, but I'd expect the application should be able to do it at once and not to frozen. Thanks for the help! Milos !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

I did more investigation and I found out: Photoshop Elements 15 Can't Show .mts video files​ , where is recommended to install Haali Media Splitter. The media add performed without the issue after installation of it. IMHO there is a bug, which caused the application frozen when media in mts format were found. I assume that it is may be connected with the missing codec. Can Adobe to check it and repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

milmat72  wrote

Hi,

I'm trying to import whole my photo gallery which consist from over 32k photos organized in the hundreds sub-directories. If I clicked onto the main directory and start to import, the import after hours is stopped and the application doesn't respond. I'm trying a workaround where I start to import all, but manually interrupt the import after 10k+ photos. It seems to be working, but I'd expect the application should be able to do it at once and not to frozen. Thanks for the help! Milos !

You should not have that issue even with much bigger catalogs. It looks like you are facing a hardware capacity problem: RAM or disk space, or non optimized scratch disks settings.

It would be helpful to know more about your system specs (menu Help >> System info, you can paste a copy here).

You can import sequentially by different batches. You select a high level directory and import all its contents, including all its subfolders, then another etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

there is my system's information:

Elements Organizer 15.0.0.0

Verze jádra: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Jazyková verze: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Aktuální katalog:

Název katalogu: Můj katalog

Umístění katalogu: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Můj katalog\

Velikost katalogu: 68MB

Velikost vyrovnávací paměti katalogu: 595MB

Systém:

Název operačního systému: Windows 10

Verze operačního systému: 10.0

Systémová architektura: AMD Procesor Řada:15 Model:1 Krokování:2 s MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2

Vestavěná paměť: 8GB

Volná paměť: 1,2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

it seems to be another issue than the large amount of the photos. The application has frozen when analyzing a video file in .mts format. Is it possible to automatically skip *.mts files? This could be video from Sony camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did more investigation and I found out: Photoshop Elements 15 Can't Show .mts video files​ , where is recommended to install Haali Media Splitter. The media add performed without the issue after installation of it. IMHO there is a bug, which caused the application frozen when media in mts format were found. I assume that it is may be connected with the missing codec. Can Adobe to check it and repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines