• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Book module missing photos

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a book in the book module but when I saved it, some of the photos come up as missing (red exclamation point flag), even though they are in the book album and in the library. When I restart the program or the computer, different photos come up as missing and the others are back. Each time is different. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You designed a book,

You created a "Saved Book Collection"  by clicking on the tab [Create Saved Book],

You now have a "Book Collection" in the Collections panel that contains the Book photos.

One L-mouse click on this Book Collection will open the photos in a Library Grid view of the collection-  Do any of these thumbnails show the "Missing" icon?

When you resume editing the book do you Double-click on the Book Collection to open it in the Book Module?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I read the post on the right column about Missing Source File and learned that dragging and dropping on a Mac can be problematic. I went back and re-imported one of the photos and lightroom re-connected to the others there in the same folder. All seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess the lesson learned is- Never Move, Rename, or Delete photo files with Mac Finder (or Windows Explorer). Always use the Lightroom Folder Panel for these functions, or Lightroom will lose its database connection to the files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines