• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Lumetri color and scopes

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should standardize the color corrections across the Adobe CC programs with Lumetri Color and Lumetri Scopes. If you are not familiar with these tools, they are used Premiere Pro and After Effects for color correction. (Most of the other tools are still there, but have been supplanted by the Lumetri system.)

When it first appeared in Premiere Pro CC 2015 (?), it seemed to be based on the Lightroom/Camera Raw editing interface. I realize that PS has Camera Raw filter, but it would be nice to consolidate the the main color tools like Adobe did in PPro and AE. 

(I saw this request posted about 3 years ago, but it did not seem to get much traction.)

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
23 Comments
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having worked with Photoshop's color correction tools since 1993, I'm comfortable adjusting images with them, but after using video tools like RGB Parade, the Waveform Monitor and the Vectorscope, I find them to be lightyears beyond the crude Histogram in Photoshop. Any chance we could see these incorporated in a future version of that program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering the same thing. The Histogram is nowhere near as precise as the video tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be really nice if all the Adobe apps used the same plugin formats so that any Color tools developed for one could be used in another.
In the sound design world, they have the .vst format for cross-app modularity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using LR since 2008, PS since 2005. Just started using PP and was blown away by Lumetri Scopes. Would be incredibly useful when editing shoots where multiple cameras were used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having a vectorscope in ACR/LR for aligning skin tones would be a fantastic new feature. I've put in a feature request, but no one yet seems to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if the Lumetri grading funtiontionality would also be available in Photoshop.
Preferably with with look browser and grading panel support (e.g. Tangent Ripple / Wave)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Scopes and Lumetri in all adobe apps, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree! I did a lot of professional color correction in my earlier career as a Video Editor, and the waveform monitor and vectorscopes were invaluable. When started trying to do color correction on my personal photos, I was lost when I found that Adobe did not offer them. When I recently discovered that the Lumetri scopes were available in Premiere, I jumped over to Photoshop, eager to see how Adobe had implemented them in that app, only to discover that they weren't there. What a disappointment when I found that the same tools were not available there. Every video monitor - especially every computer monitor - is different, so being able to see an unbiased version of your image in a waveform monitor is critical do any accurate color correction. Adobe, wake up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree! I did a lot of professional color correction in my earlier career as a Video Editor, and the waveform monitor and vectorscopes were invaluable. When started trying to do color correction on my personal photos, I was lost when I found that Adobe did not offer them. When I recently discovered that the Lumetri scopes were available in Premiere, I jumped over to Photoshop, eager to see how Adobe had implemented them in that app, only to discover that they weren't there. What a disappointment when I found that the same tools were not available there. Every video monitor - especially every computer monitor - is different, so being able to see an unbiased version of your image in a waveform monitor is critical do any accurate color correction. Adobe, wake up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if
Adobe Added the vectorscope to both Photoshop and Lightroom with a skin tone line for more accurate color correction and color grading #colorcorrection #colorgrading #vectorscope

4177DE0C-EB38-4094-9E8A-80EF2C6EC00D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in Pshop since ealry 90's myself and 100% agree with Pshop being archaic in comparison to video production. I have worked on a paitnbox prior to photoshop and it was more color precise back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is posted in the exchange, where third party developers or users ask questions. I could move this to the feature request section of Photoshop, if this is needed built-in, and not as an add-on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definantly needed build in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Ps features requests. please vote on the top post if you think it would be a useful addition, what exactly you need, how it would help you, the shortcomings of the current histogram, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, photoshop really need that. Have been working with photoshop for a few years, and just started to learn premiere. One of the first things that came was how useful lumetri scope would be on  PS and, to be honest, it is really weird that is still isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure! this is a must have tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other things I'd like to see explored are the multiple lumetri Hue saturation curves. 

It would allow users of video and photo apps to interchange their work, allow some tweaks that are difficult to quickly achieve, and have one suite wide Adobe color language.

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/premiere-pro/using/adjust-color-rgb-hsl-curves.html

• Hue versus Saturation - Select a hue range and adjust its saturation level.
  • Hue versus Hue - Select a hue range and change it to another hue.
  • Hue versus Luma - Select a hue range and adjust the luma.
  • Luma versus Saturation - Select a luma range and adjust its saturation.
  • Saturation versus Saturation- Select a saturation range and increase or decrease its saturation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here we are, 3 years since the OP posted this. And still no Lumetri in PS. Since I move around between PP and AE a lot, I get so used to the Lumetri being there. Then I'll spend some time in PS and start to look for it and then realize, dang, wrong app.

I'm no expert, but you'd think something originally made for video files would be quite easy to adapt for still images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah not sure how many times over the last 5 years that I have mentioned
it. --

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Please add video scopes to Photoshop and Lightroom. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I miss all these tools, especialy working on very dark pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we get any feedback here? Fells like Adobe doesn't care and we're begging into the void.
Is it that hard to implement? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes please! How hard would it be? 
Being able to use the same stup between different apps in the same suite is like the whole purpose of using them as a suite. LumetriColor is by far the most complete and user friendly way to do color adjustments out of all different options in the Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate