• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC: an error has been detected with a required library or file

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now every time I try to open the program I get the error message "An error has been detected with a required application library or file and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."  It does not work even if I reinstall the program. So what happens? How to deal with it? (My system is Win 10)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

I would use Adobe's "Cleaner" tool to remove any trace of your Acrobat installation, and then re-install from a fresh download. You can download the tool here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Adobe's "Cleaner" tool to remove any trace of your Acrobat installation, and then re-install from a fresh download. You can download the tool here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of this and other suggestions too but none worked for me. However, I found a fix. My issue was begin caused by malwarebytes. I had opened a pdf file containing malware. Immediately after, I started getting this message with Acrobat failing to open. I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC Pro multiple times with no success.When I stopped malwarebytes, I still could not open Adobe Acrobat. What I had to end up doing was completely removing both Adobe Acrobate DC Pro and malwarebytes. I then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat and it worked. After this I reinstalled malwarebytes and everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem arises from the antivirus. I recently changed my antivirus and the next day I faced this problem. I changed the previously used antivirus and everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines