• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts or Raindrops?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently uploaded this photo to Adobe Stock and it was rejected due to "graininess and artifiacts". My question is, was this judgment made by a real human or through software analysis? This photo was taken right after a rain storm, and I wanted to capture the rain droplets on the petals. Is this the problem? Or, do you see real graininess and artifacts? Thanks for any help!

2_Mandevilla 1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

I can understand you wanting to capture that image. It's really beautiful. I don't think the raindrops are the problem. The photo looks oddly over sharpened and it is a bit grainy.

View your image at 100% zoom and you'll see quite a bit of grain and some artifacts from over sharpening.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.44.16 PM.png

See how noisy it is? And there are halos on the edge of the petals (especially obvious in the lower right of the cropped image I made).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand you wanting to capture that image. It's really beautiful. I don't think the raindrops are the problem. The photo looks oddly over sharpened and it is a bit grainy.

View your image at 100% zoom and you'll see quite a bit of grain and some artifacts from over sharpening.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.44.16 PM.png

See how noisy it is? And there are halos on the edge of the petals (especially obvious in the lower right of the cropped image I made).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your input. I'm new at this and am learning what is acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I've seen, minimal editing is preferred. Since most Adobe Stock users are using the images inside Photoshop, there's really no need for anything drastic as far as post work goes on the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines