• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Ready 7.0 tool issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Image Ready 7.00 for some time, but today, the lasso tool changed from a circular item, which lassos the object I'm working on, but now it's changed to a polygon tool, which only seems to work in straight lines.Is there some way I can get the original tool back?  Plus the eraser tool has gone and been replaced by magic eraser which I can't do the same work with.

I'm in China at the moment and can't access my original CD, so can't re-install the software.

Thanks

dave Colyer

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator. I also shortened the title for clarity.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Since Adobe hasn't shipped Image Ready for ten years (and, thus, there's no forum for it), I moved this thread to the Photoshop forum since Image Ready came with Photoshop.

For anyone interested, Image Ready version 7.0 came out over fifteen years ago - in February 2002.

I'm trying to remember that far back (I have been using Photoshop since just before that in 2001). If I remember correctly, the toolbar works similarly to how it works now. Is there a little triangle on the bottom corner of one of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe hasn't shipped Image Ready for ten years (and, thus, there's no forum for it), I moved this thread to the Photoshop forum since Image Ready came with Photoshop.

For anyone interested, Image Ready version 7.0 came out over fifteen years ago - in February 2002.

I'm trying to remember that far back (I have been using Photoshop since just before that in 2001). If I remember correctly, the toolbar works similarly to how it works now. Is there a little triangle on the bottom corner of one of the tool buttons? If so, click on the button and hold and it'll fly out and give you options to pick between various tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. However, while I was fiddling about with it, I discovered that by pressing 'Ctrl' and 'Alt' and hovering the cursor over the tool, I was able to change it back.  Haven't tried your suggestion yet and will see if I can get it to work.  The same thing happened with my old version of Photoshop.

Thanks

Dave Colyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen shot of the ImageReady toolbox from my Nov 2002 Photoshop class materials. Press and hold on the problem tools until the flyouts (pictured at right) appear. Then select the tool you want.

IMG_3760.JPG

And here's how to access those tools:

IMG_5872.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, BarbBinder​! Glad to see I remembered correctly. It's awesome that you still have that stuff handy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, or scary? I still have my 2.5 Photoshop books. Because, you know, people are always asking about how to work in Photoshop before layers came along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers are for tots. MS Paint is the best. Too bad Microsoft is discontinuing it, though.

(The sarcasm is strong in this one 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the quick and effective solution.About 10 minutes after posting my question, I stumbled across another way to deal with it, by holding down CTRL and ALT with my left hand and using the mouse with my right hand, on the tool in question.

I think the problem occurred when I must have been leaning on my keyboard-near the square panel, some people use instead of a mouse and somehow changed the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines