• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text symbols increase file size dramatically

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with a HTML5 banner with multiple instances of text layers. The output without symbols are about 90 kb, but if I convert the first instance of a text layer to a symbol and then replaces all other instances of that with the new symbol, the output has increased about 10 kb, quickly building up to 180 kb when all text layers are converted to symbols.

I noted that the .js file had twice the amount of code when the text was symbols.

I would like to keep to symbols, because it's so much easier to edit. But my output can't be bigger than 130-150 kb. Is there anything I can try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

You're not setting the textfields to static, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not setting the textfields to static, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course I was! The new output size is 102 kb with all text elements set to dynamic text.

A big thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines