Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cryptographic service provider error - Adobe Pro XI

Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My department currently has two users receiving the Windows Cryptographic Service Provider Error with two very different codes attached to them.

I was able to find the information concerning this type of error here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/key-does-not-exist-error-code-2148073485.html     Unfortunately, the information that is in all of the forums and KBs that I can find co concerning this kind of error, including the resolutions and patches, are not only from 2016, but are also specifically for Acrobat Reader DC, not the licensed version of Pro.

Both PCs are Win 7 x64 OS with the 11.0.20.17 version of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installed.

We have all automatic updates turned off for security and testing purposes.

One customer is receiving the error "The Windows Cryptographic Service Provider reported an error: The supplied handle was invalid. Error Code 2148532227"

The other customer is receiving the error "the Windows Cryptographic Service Provider reported an error: The security token does not have storage space available for an additional container. Error code: 2148073507".

Please be advised that some of our users utilize series 30 Certificates and others utilize series 40 certificates. Both of the above users are attempting to utilize series 30 certificates.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?