• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Issues Since updating to CC 2017 In Premiere and AE

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've hobbled along using inconvenient fixes to keep working on edits but I really need to get everything back to good working condition.

I'll start with After Effects.  Only really big issue I am having is that I can't launch AE from the apps section of the CC App Launcher.  I have to search for AE in my Windows 10 program search to find it and launch from there. 

In a related (I think) issue, I can't use dynamic link between Premiere Pro and After Effects.  I can select a clip in Premiere that I want to replace with an AE Comp but I get this error message: "Adobe After Effects must be installed to import this file."  A quick fix for this is to open after effects, again not through the app launcher, and while both premiere pro and AE are running, I can select a clip and replace with AE Comp.  It will successfully open a new comp window in whatever project I have open in AE and from there I can edit and render to a file I can then put back in Premiere.  I can't work with the clip that I replaced in Premiere though because the link no longer works once AE is closed (the media goes offline) and I have to use the rendered clip. 

So as of right now, I can't and would really like to have the ability to use Dynamic Link as it's intended, and I can't open After Effects from the CC Launcher.  And again, this has all came about after the update to CC 2017.  Previously, everything was working great.

Any pointers would be great!  I've been trying to figure out how to wipe everything Adobe CC from my computer and do a fresh install to see if things will work again but haven't been able to successfully get everything cleaned off the computer. 

I have a suspicion that the AE has been installed into a location that the Launcher doesn't know how to find.  Is there a way to tell it where to launch from?

Thanks a bunch ahead of time!

Keith Morris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

So after exhausting every avenue that has been mentioned above, I finally got on a chat with customer service and they fixed me up over a remote screen share session.  Mohammad Aamir Khan took over and fixed my problem in no time at all. It appeared to me that what wound up fixing things was that he changed some settings in Chrome and in the permissions of each app.  There was a lot more that was done but I didn't catch everything as I'm not an IT guy.

Sort of kicking myself for not doing this i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Just tried resetting the AE and deleted the Premiere Pro preferences and was able to do so.  Opened both programs to ensure that the changes had taking place and they did.  Rebooted the computer and no love..... 

Still in the same boat it seems.

Keith Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's unfortunate because the next step is a thorough cleaning and reinstall.

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help.  Unfortunately, I went through these steps last night and completed a full cleaning of everything to the best of my ability.  In addition to the steps you gave and what was linked, I got a IT buddy on Team Viewer and went through the registry as well.  We kicked out nearly everything adobe and still no luck.  The reinstall went fine but AE and Premiere Pro still do not dynamic link and I can't open AE from the CC Desktop App. 

I'm starting the think there is some sort of association issue with the location of After Effects as it's installed to my PC that can't be found by whatever carries out the dynamic linking.  Also, the fact that I can't open AE from the launcher app seems like it must just be located in a place where it can't be found by adobe.  Finally, when I try to replace a Premiere Pro clip with an AE Comp and I get the error "Adobe After Effects must be installed to import this file." this again leads me to think that it's just not in the right location all together. 

So considering the fact that we DEEP cleaned the registry, and went through all the uninstall methods you've linked to above, and having the same problem right off the bat on reinstall, I would imagine that there is some sort of association going on with old settings saved to the Creative Cloud that are prohibiting this from working as is.  Is there any way to get rid of setting in CC?

Thanks,

Keith Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a little experimenting. 

I installed the After Effects CC 2015.4 version of AE and tried to dynamic link.  No luck doing so from a clip in the latest 2017 version of Premiere Pro. 

So I uninstalled both latest versions of AE and Premiere Pro and installed the 2015.4 version of both.  TUDUH!!!!!!! Dynamic Link works like it should and everything launches from the desktop app. 

I'm happy to stick with the older version if I could figure out a way to open the project files saved in the 2017 versions.  I get an error saying "This project was saved in a newer version of Adobe Premiere Pro and cannot be opened in this version." when I try to open a project saved with the latest version via the older 2015.4 version.  Any work around here that you know of?

Thanks,

Keith Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.  Thanks again.

Keith Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the After Effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after exhausting every avenue that has been mentioned above, I finally got on a chat with customer service and they fixed me up over a remote screen share session.  Mohammad Aamir Khan took over and fixed my problem in no time at all. It appeared to me that what wound up fixing things was that he changed some settings in Chrome and in the permissions of each app.  There was a lot more that was done but I didn't catch everything as I'm not an IT guy.

Sort of kicking myself for not doing this in the first place, or at least after a small amount of effort on my part.  Thanks for the replies guys!  Problem solved!

KFM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines