• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog can't be repaired

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a message that Catalog was damaged and needed repair.  Ran repair.  Now says Catalog can not be repaired.  What does this mean and what do I do??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

I am so sorry!  My computer has had issues and I couldn't get back in.  Thank you for the responses. 

It was a catalog in Lightroom.  Not sure what happened.  File was corrupted and wouldn't repair.  I had not backed up so that one is on me.  I did get someone from Adobe to try to repair it and he could not.  I guess I was one of those worst case situations!  But I have some new Back Ups in place now!!  I didn't loose originals thankfully just edits that had not been exported from LR.  So I gues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Request you to kindly visit the link shared below and select the specific product community.

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

The experts would be able to help you with the product related query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using which Adobe product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you designing your catalog?

Can it be Adobe® InDesign?

Or Maybe Adobe® Illustrator?

What version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a Lightroom question, LR makes regular backups of your Catalog.  You should be able to open one of those backups.

See Photoshop Lightroom

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so sorry!  My computer has had issues and I couldn't get back in.  Thank you for the responses. 

It was a catalog in Lightroom.  Not sure what happened.  File was corrupted and wouldn't repair.  I had not backed up so that one is on me.  I did get someone from Adobe to try to repair it and he could not.  I guess I was one of those worst case situations!  But I have some new Back Ups in place now!!  I didn't loose originals thankfully just edits that had not been exported from LR.  So I guess my lesson learned is back up my LR!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines